You will be working mainly with our global Sales and Marketing mangers delivering web and e-comm graphics, advertising recuts, in-store POS and large format graphic solutions to serve their rapidly changing local markets. In addition you will maintain and catalogue the product photography repositories.
The key elements to the role are….
- Create adverts and ephemera to serve Sales and Marketing territory campaigns
- Resize adverts and ephemera, replacing copy with translations
- Creation of online banner advertising resizing to fit a series of specific dimensions
- Create in-store POS and large format graphics in line with the product range ID or brand guidelines
- Retouch product photography
- Catalogue all product photography
- Handle all internal stationery requests
You must have a strong understanding of typography, feel comfortable taking projects from others and quickly and accurately getting them ready for purpose. In addition you'll have exceptional multi-tasking skills, enjoy working in fast paced environment and have a reliable track record in being able to work to tight deadlines.
You will have:
- Good experience in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Good communication skills to ensure planning schedules run smoothly.
- A good understanding of brand and corporate guidelines.
- Great progress reporting skills at every stage of the design and artwork process.
- Methodical approach to archiving images and artwork.
- Experience in creating digital art and assets (such as web banners).
The Marketing Strategist is responsible for developing and implementing all marketing strategies for both the Novation and Focusrite brand. These will include new product launch strategies; range sustaining strategies and over-arching brand strategies. This role, assisted by the junior marketing strategist, will work alongside both the product owners and the marketing services team. The Marketing Strategist will act as a mentor for the product owners whilst they bring market context to the strategy, gradually developing their strategic marketing acumen. This role will also work closely with the Creative director, utilizing to full effect the expertise of the marketing services team.
Key areas of responsibility
- Creation and communication of all marketing strategies
- Mentoring of the Product Owners to build marketing acumen
Abilities and experience required
- 8+ years experience in developing modern marketing strategies
- Experience in marketing global brands
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern digital marketing tactics
- Formal marketing qualification – Masters or Diploma
- Strong analytical ability and interpersonal skills
- Diplomatic, yet tenacious and assertive
- Experience in motivating and inspiring a large creative team
- A passion for music making and/or performing
A Marketing Activity Coordinator is required for a well respected music-making and pro audio manufacturer, to schedule and verify the successful implementation of actions born out of the marketing strategy.
Focusrite has many products in the market and introduce several more each year under the Focusrite and Novation Brands. Our creative team design innovative marketing campaigns and create and deploy them through on-line, print media, sales and social channels.
The Company’s hours of work are 9.30 am to 6 pm weekdays although occasional unpaid overtime may be required. The nature of the role precludes working from home.
The Marketing Department is full of creative people but this is not a creative role; the successful candidate will be the sensible, organized and assertive person to whom the creative staff turn when they need to get things done.
A successful candidate might expect career progression to entail increasing project management responsibility either within Marketing or another Department of the company.
The successful candidate may benefit from having had some experience of working in a process-orientated environment. For example, they may have worked as a project assistant in a software team, advertising agency or print & new media production shop.
Core role responsibilities
- To ensure ALL marketing deliverables are met, on spec and on time. This involves tracking down internal clients and driving them to give the Production Team the necessary information, as well as liaising with Project Managers in other departments with regards to marketing deliverables.
- Responsible for project managing marketing projects, including product launches.
- Establish, evaluate and, where possible, work to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all process-driven activities in the Marketing Department.
- To assist the Marketing Director, as well as other members of the team, with activity analysis and strategic planning as required.
- To encourage a better level of communication between Marketing and other departments by acting as a conduit for information.
- Responsible for overseeing the acquisition and distribution of Marketing Stock, worldwide.
Abilities and experience required
- BSc / BA degree
- Strong analytical ability and interpersonal skills
- Diplomatic, yet tenacious and assertive
- Enthusiasm for process management
- Demonstrable experience of deliverable and task tracking
- Known as a sensible, reliable, dependable person
- 1+ year in a process orientated role could be beneficial
An opportunity has arisen to join a fun and sociable Marketing Team at Focusrite – a ‘Top 100 Company’ to work for, who provide great benefits to all staff including encouragement and opportunity for further learning.
The role is within the Online Team who are responsible for a variety of systems across multiple platforms serving the whole company. These include high profile websites in multiple languages, software delivery mechanisms, a technical knowledge base and internal user interfaces for database interrogation.
The Online Team also serve the company by bringing to fruition global and territory-specific sales and marketing initiatives and identifying opportunity to grow brand and product awareness by utilizing the latest technology.
The role would suit someone with 2-5 years commercial experience with a passion for web development, an interest in database architecture and the eagerness to further develop a commercial career in a sociable environment.
The role requires someone with self-motivation and the ability to work across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. At any one time this person will have a combination of projects and smaller tasks.
- Good written English skills required for final proof reading of web copy, system documentation and customer-facing support.
The following, ideally supported by an online portfolio and examples of application:
- HTML / CSS (ideally including some HTML5 / CSS3)
Advantageous technical skills
- Experience of Drupal or other PHP / MySQL-based CMS
- Browser and device compatibility
- Experience in creation of test cases and testing
- Software activation / online delivery mechanisms including some customer support
- Server and database administration
- Back end maintenance and development of Drupal 7 installations
- System documentation
- Internal PHP systems
- Migration of old systems, databases and servers
- Driving continual improvement in all internal and customer facing systems
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide 1st and 2nd line internal technical support; answering support queries.
- To maintain a high degree for all Hardware and Software support queries for employees.
- To take ownership of user faults and requests and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To log all faults and requests on the ticket logging system.
- To arrange for external, third party, technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- To maintain company’s network and infrastructure, run planned maintenance
- To set up new starters and decommission leavers
- To manage inventory and assets management
- To run general IT and Admin tasks
- To willing study, improve skills and get certified
Skills / Attributes Required:
- 1-2 years' experience in IT Department
- Must be able to develop a good rapport with all colleagues and present a helpful and co-operative manner.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and 8, and OSX 10.8 and 10.9
- Some knowledge of Windows server 2008R2 and 2012R2 (knowledge of Active Directory and Office 365 would be an advantage)
- Some knowledge of Networking (switches, routers, wifi, IP addressing etc.)
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office with emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Understanding of PC/server hardware set-up, configuration and upgrades.
Focusrite Novation Inc. (‘FNI’), the wholly owned subsidiary of Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd. (UK), is actively seeking to fill the above open position.
The Focusrite National Sales Manager will be responsible for US dealer channel sales, strategy and revenue performance for the expanding Focusrite product line. Position reports to Focusrite Novation Inc. President. This key position will also interface with the US & UK sales, marketing and product teams.
Essential responsibilities include the following:
- Achievement of Focusrite U.S sales and margin goals.
- Plan product availability, transitions and new product introductions.
- Provide accurate sales forecasting data.
- Monthly reporting of sales objectives and performance to plan.
- Regular reporting of sales data and competitive analysis.
- Work in close coordination with our marketing team, our distributor - American Music & Sound and AM&S Music Creation Division managers.
- Set specific sales goals for individual territory Regional Sales Managers.
- Management and motivation of FNI field trainer, product specialists.
- Generate training tools for regional sales managers and channel partners.
- Develop presentations for company and dealers.
- Provide sales support for dealers.
- Present the company's products through face to face meetings, product demonstrations and presentations.
- Maintain an in-depth demonstrable knowledge of the company’s products.
- Professional with minimum three year experience managing national sales teams and M.I. dealer channel.
- Los Angeles, CA area resident that is able to work in our El Segundo office.
- The candidate will possess strong analytical & communication skills.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office programs / Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Ideal candidate will have a strong background and working knowledge of Pro audio products
- Experience working with an international company is an advantage
- Demonstrate products in a public forum, and in a one-on-one situation.
- Attend NAMM, AES, NAB trade shows, regional shows, and dealer events.
- 50% travel throughout the US meeting with dealers, staff and Reps.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Develop, implement and manage sales plans, quotas, etc.
- Work closely with marketing team to develop channel marketing initiatives.
- Operate Mac and PC workstation software for demonstrations
- A results driven, high performance sales professional.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive, self-disciplined with passion for sales.
The ideal candidate will have an engaging personality, with infectious enthusiasm for music technology products and the entire creative music and recording production process. The candidate will demonstrate an ability to lead and motivate people. The candidate will be able to achieve to exceptional sales results and be accountable to sales targets.
A product specialist should wholly encompass the company values in an important customer and dealer-facing role. This means that you will be the ultimate advocate of our brands, evangelising the products, showing yourself and the company in the best light at all times and be full of enthusiasm. You will be the last word in product knowledge for dealers and the brand champion for end users.
We are a company built from working engineers, DJs, producers and musicians, so we expect our product specialists to fit into as many of these categories as possible.
- You will be required to have a total awareness of the UK dealer channel; ensuring employees are fully trained on all brands and company ethos.
- Deliver product training through regular dealer visits, online web presentations and regular email information to staff.
- You will be required to travel the length of the UK frequently staying away from home to deliver a training program designed to maximize our awareness in the UK Retail sector
- Deliver the benefits and ‘unique selling points’ of our products over the competition. Therefore, an excellent knowledge of the audio market and relevant manufacturers is essential.
- Responsible for generating all demonstration material across brands, liaising with marketing and sales to ensure the correct message is being delivered.
- Visit educational establishments to deliver exciting and informative presentations. Focusrite are committed to expanding our brands further within the education market.
- You will be required to attend any UK trade shows in a demonstrating and product specialist capacity. There will also be an need to attend dealer and Education conferences.
- Word / Excel / Final Cut / Photoshop and other similar program experience is necessary to fulfil this role alongside a full understanding of the current DAW platforms, software, plug-ins and instruments available.
- Self-motivated, organized, confident, creative and musically aware are only a few of the skills required to make this role a success. We are looking for a highly driven individual that can engage with all types of musicians to deliver the correct message across all of our brands.
Focusrite has many products in the market and introduce several more each year under the Focusrite and Novation Brands. Our products, such as audio interfaces and synthesizers, are used by top performers and music studios. All our products are designed in the UK, and manufactured in the UK and China.
The strong year-on-year growth of the company has required the creation of this new full-time role at our Head Office in High Wycombe. This role will form part of the Project Management team, and reports to the Programme Manager.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for managing the development and delivery process for new electronic hardware and PC/Mac/iOS software products, across the Focusrite and Novation portfolio, ensuring consistent excellence in Quality, Ease of Use, and Reliability.
- Apply and manage the Focusrite Project System (FPS), with level one project delivery plans, and detailed stage plans with deliverables and review gates.
- Work closely with the market segment teams, planning and coordinating the stage deliverables from Product Concept Validation through to 1st Customer Ship. Project ownership will be for the entire process “End to End”, including deliverables from Product Management, R&D, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Customer Service.
- Be responsible for estimating project costs, tracking the project performance measures (schedule/cost/quality), and reporting status regularly to the Programme Manager.
- Contribute as part of the Project Management team, to the successful delivery of the full project programme.
Deliverables & Measures
- Project Delivery (New Product Initiatives)o Successfully deliver multiple parallel projects, to the approved schedules, and to the cost and quality targets.
- Author and maintain project planning and strategy documentation. Project wikis, schedules, and meeting notes, documented and kept up to date for review and on going reference.
- Plan, lead, and minute work shop meetings and project end stage reviews, as required to execute the project plan. Ensure that the project teams have successfully completed all stage deliverables
- Work closely with the cross functional delivery teams, managing priorities and resolving work load conflicts.
- Deliver weekly project status reports, with all project risks and exceptions highlighted clearly and concisely, for presentation to Programme Manager and Project Executive.
- Produce monthly cost trend reports, with any over/under spend identified, and corrective actions defined.
- Project Management Process Improvement
- As part of a team of Project Managers, contribute to the successful delivery of the company’s project programme.
- Share project learnings with the team, and learn and reapply from other projects, driving continuous improvement in all areas of project delivery.
- Own a part of the Focusrite Project System, and deliver improvement initiatives that optimise our process, department efficiency and results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level education.
- 2-3 years experience as a Project Manager, able to demonstrate capability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in MSProject and MSOffice, with excellent documentation and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, identify critical path activities, and resolve resource constraints.
- A technical engineering background, would be a significant advantage. Ability to understand and assess the schedule and risk, in the planning and delivery of electronic hardware and software projects.
- Interest in music and the music industry, would be a significant advantage.
Location and Work hours
- Role based at the company Head of Office in High Wycombe
- Hours of work are 9.30 am to 6 pm weekdays.
- The nature of the role precludes working from home.
- No travel as part of the core role execution.
- Occasional one off trips, to a local or international trade show or production vendor, may be required.
We are searching for an experienced QA Manager to ensure our products meet the high standards our customers expect. Reporting to the R&D Manager, you’ll be part of our product team designing and building new Focusrite and Novation products, and maintaining support for existing ones. You’ll be responsible for our QA approach, activities, processes and tools. Most importantly you'll manage and mentor our growing QA team, working with them to deliver robust test strategies and products.
Skills & Requirements
An ideal candidate would be:
- An experienced QA Manager with a product development background
- Expert in electronics, firmware and software testing techniques
- Able to see the big picture, but with an eye for detail
- A proven people manager - clear, supportive and diligent
- Passionate and knowledgeable about audio and music making!
We’re looking for significant experience both with QA and management. A degree in science or engineering is not essential, however the ability to demonstrate a rigorous, scientific approach is crucial. A track record of delivering high quality consumer electronics will help you stand out.
We're looking for an outstanding software developer to join our software team. You'll work with us to specify, design and build new products. You'll evaluate new technologies, adopt and refine new working practices; and most importantly write lucid, high performance, maintainable code which will form the backbone of new product ranges.
You'll also help us maintain our portfolio, from iOS apps to the desktop (via DSP algorithms, VST plugins and web applications) - but don't worry, we don't expect you to be an expert in all of them!
An ideal candidate would be:
- Experienced in audio, music and application software
- Familiar with a variety of programming languages, platforms and operating systems (C++ and iOS experience essential, Windows, OS X, Cocoa and C# also desirable)
- An excellent designer, debugger and problem solver
- A clear communicator
- Pragmatic, curious and flexible
- Passionate about programming, music and sound
Come and help us build amazing apps!
If you don't see anything that quite suits your skill-set but you think we should know about you, especially if you have original and commercially viable product ideas (hard or software) or any other attribute you think we'd be mad to ignore, we want to hear from you. Submit a C.V. here which will be handed to the relevant person in your area of interest and if we think we can find space for you, one of our team will email you directly.