* Added a workaround to resolve asynchronous FireWire transactions on newer model Macs (starting with 10.8.2) which might have caused:
- Distorted VRM using Pro 24 DSP
- Disappearing outputs on the Pro 40 and Liquid Saffire 56
- Unable to load from hardware
- Firmware updates failing
- Audio no longer distorted using WDM KS mode in Reaper
Tested for compatibility with:
- OS X 10.7
- OS X 10.8
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
For further OS compatibility information please see the OS checker HERE.
- Driver updated to 3.5.6 release
- Adds support for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)
- Improves performance with Pro Tools 9 (Mac and PC)
- Fixed snapshot load/save functions (Mac)
- Fixed crash on non-admin accounts (Mac)
Mac Users Users of Tiger (10.4.11) should install version 1.8, below.
This version of Saffire Mix Control is the most recent version to retain compatibility with OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger). Any Tiger users should install this update for the additional features listed in the attached Release Notes. Leopard (10.5) and Snow Leopard (10.6) users should install the latest update above.
This article explains the steps necessary to safely plug in and unplug your FireWire devices without causing damage to the device or your computer.
RTAS MixControl 1.0
- Saffire MixControl 2.4 or later installed
- Pro Tools 9 installed
Note that multiple Saffires are not supported at the moment. Please consult the RTAS MC User Guide for further information.
- Not loading between tracking and playback snapshot under certain conditions in some systems (Windows only)
User guide explaining standalone mode operation for the Saffire interfaces. Please note that Saffire MixControl v1.7 or above is required for standalone operation.
User guide explaining dual unit mode operation for the Saffire interfaces. Please note that Saffire MixControl v1.7 or above is required for dual unit mode operation.