Please note: installing this driver will automatically uninstall any previous drivers with version numbers beginning with a '4'.
1st Generation Scarlett 2i4 customers should remove earlier '2.x' and '3.x' drivers manually from Control Panel > Programs and Features before installing this driver.
Changes since the last release (4.15):
- Fixed an issue that could cause audio dropouts/distortion after a long period of time
- ASIO Control Panel retains buffer size/sample rate between disconnects/restarts
- Fixed an issue with combined MIDI and Audio streaming at low buffer sizes
- Some Windows 7 PCs that do not have the latest Microsoft Windows updates may show an error regarding driver signing/not available. To resolve this, simply fully update your copy of Windows 7. If you do not want to fully update Windows 7, the exact Microsoft update needed can be found HERE.
- This driver is not optimised for use with Pro Tools | First. For a Pro Tools | First optimised driver, please see the Focusrite Help Centre.
- It’s possible to get clicks and pops if streaming audio when also sending/receiving large amounts of MIDI data when the interface is connected to a USB 2.0 port on an AMD-based machine. Intel machines and computers with USB 3.0 ports are unaffected.
Scarlett 2nd Gen Updater
Our Scarlett 2nd Gen Updater app has two seperate functions:
1) The app is capable of updating the Firmware on your Scarlett Solo, 2i2 or 2i4. Once opened, the Updater app will let you know if there is an update available or not. This update is sourced locally from the installation of the Updater app, so once you have completed the update, if you have no need for the below mentioned low power mode, you can uninstall the app.
*Please note that only SOME 2i4 users currently require a firmware update, you will have a notification slip within your 2i4 box that lets you know if a firmware update is required for your interface*
*Currently there are NO firmware updates available for Scarlett Solo or 2i2*
2) The app can also switch your 2nd Gen Scarlett 2i2 or 2i4 to and from a 'Low Power Mode' for use with computers that suffer from the following symptoms.
Of course, if you don't require this mode (Mac users for example), but find that your bus-powered Scarlett is already in this mode (if purchased used perhaps), you will need to install this app onto a PC and connect your Scarlett in order to switch the unit out of Low Power Mode.
You will also find the English version on the inside lid of your Scarlett interface box.