Important information: RedNet 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 devices which are currently running Dante software version 3.4.x are not discovered in RedNet Control 1.8 or 1.9. These devices must be updated to Dante software version 3.7 first. Please download the zip file below and follow the included instructions to perform this update.
RedNet Control 1.8 Release Notes
Note: See 'RedNet Control 1.8 Download' section (below) for operating system compatibility.
New Features in RedNet Control 1.8
- RedNet AM2 Support
- Improved Stability and Responsiveness
- Improved Network Discovery and Device Identification
- Improved MIDI Message Handling
- Improved Responsiveness and Reliability of RedNet 4 and RedNet MP8R Preamp Control
- Multiple instances of RedNet Control will now stay in sync with gain changes made on other software
- Global Save and Recall Presets for RedNet 4 and RedNet MP8R
- PCIe Driver and Firmware Update
- Driver Version:
- Mac: 18.104.22.168
- Windows: 22.214.171.124
- Firmware Version: 126.96.36.199
- 176.4kHz addition
- Static IP addition
RedNet Control 1.8 Download
- RedNet Control 1.8 Supports:
- OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion) ONLY
- RedNet AM2: When changing attenuation levels in software, please remove headphones and turn the headphone level down.
- The RedNet PCIe driver is only compatible with the latest firmware.
- It is important to note that installing new firmware on to any RedNet Unit can take some time, please DO NOT turn the unit off or interrupt the firmware installation - Units will be unresponsive during this process.
- During firmware updates, DO NOT add or remove devices on your Dante network.
- RedNet AM2: When a signal is present on Channel 2 and not on Channel 1, RedNet Control will not show signal metering on Channel 2.
- Mac Only: RedNet Control cannot do two consecutive firmware updates. After the first run of firmware updates, please shut down RedNet Control and reopen to upgrade firmware on second wave of units.
- Defaults message from Pro Tools does not clear linked channels on RedNet 4.
- It's possible for RedNet Control GUI to display values of 1–7dB for RedNet 4 when controlled via SysEx. The gain on the unit will still be 0dB or 8dB.
- During installation, a dialog can appear from Audinate's "Dante Control and Monitoring Installer" about firewall settings on Windows 8. Please manually confirm your firewall settings allow Dante Control & Monitoring through the firewall.
- When renaming a unit in Dante Controller, RedNet Control will not show this until it has been rebooted.
- Windows Only: Long device & channel names in RedNet Control will overflow the text boxes.
- Windows Only: MIDI settings will only be stored between sessions if running with elevated privileges.